Valamjibhai Humbal (Chairman)
With the grace of GOD & co-operation
from cattle breeders of Kutch district, I am happy to share with you the 5th annual report of our milk union. When we started our milk union, initially our
milk collection was only 1500 litters per day but within period of just 5 years
we have reached at surprising figures as we could collect highest volume of 2,
54,213 litters of milk per day and an average of 1, 72,413 litters per day
during the year 2013-14 which is 1, 37,361 so which shows a growth of 35,052
litters per day. This is 25.51 % growth as compared to year 2012-13. Our annual
turnover for financial year 2012-13 was 168.92 crores. We could grow by 45 %
over last financial year and our turnover touched the figures of 245.68 crores
during 2013-14. In short despite a drought conditions our milk union has done
very well and we hope to grow even more in coming years.
- During year 2013-14 we have collected highest volume of 2, 54,313 litters and an average of 1, 72,413 litters from different villages.
- In the year 2009 when we begin our union 700 families were offered direct OR indirect employment which gone up to 32,000 families now.
- We could transfer benefits of Rs. 5 crores as a grant to cattle breeders through AMUL federation during drought conditions.
- Our milk union paid difference of rate to cattle breeders as 35 Lakh at 1st year, 4 crores at 2nd year, 8 crores at 3rd year and 11 crores during current year. During current year the rate difference of Rs. 12.50 per litter will be paid.
- During year 2012 we bought the processing plant of private dairy at Village: Lakhond and we started packing of AMUL milk on 20th January 2013. Daily processing capacity of this plant was 16,000 litters per day which we have upgraded to 60,000 litters per day.
- With the help of Government scheme R.K.V.Y., we are planning to establish a new plant with the processing capacity of 2 Lakh litters per day at Village: Chandrani, Taluka: Anjar.
- Next year we are planning to offer a protection with a free insurance coverage to our cattle breeder friends and their families as well. Keeping this aim in mind we will work out an arrangement with Insurance Company.
- From current year we have decided to offer a loan of up to Rs. 10 Lakh to the kids of our cattle breeder friends who get an admission to either Veterinary OR Dairy Science college.
- are going to start a Diploma in Veterinary Science College as a part of Kamdhenu University. As soon as we get permission for the same, it will be a first Veterinary Science College in Kutch.
I am thankful to Honourable Chief Minister of Gujarat Mr. Narendra Modi, Agricultural Minister Honourable Mr. Babubhai Bokharia, and Gujarat Co. Op. Milk Marketing Ltd. for their consistent support for the growth of Cattle Breeders through Automatic Milk Collection System, Bulk Milk Cooler etc. I am also thankful to MLAs of Kutch District, Designated Officers, Collectors, Planning Officers, DDO, Taluka and Assembly Department for their guidelines and co-operation.
Presidents, Ministers, Members of
our milk societies, Board of Directors, Transporters, District Co. Op. Union,
K.D.C.C. Bank and other banks are associated with our milk union and I am
extremely thankful to their support.
At last I am also thankful to
manager, officers and all employees for their satisfactory organisation for the
consistent growth of our milk union.
I pray GOD for the consistent
growth, new achievements & strong base of our Co-Operative Union.
Chairman (Kutch Kurian)