Kutch district co-operative milk producer’s union ltd.”Sarhad dairy” was established in year 2009. It’s registered under co-operative societies act 1961, having reg. number 38861-09 dated 28/07/2009. Sarhad dairy is the member of “GCMMF” AMUL Anand. Its primary activity is collecting milk from village co-operative societies, processing milk and make product under the brand name of “AMUL”.
In the beginning Union was collecting milk from the 17 village co-operative societies but now Sarhad Dairy is collecting milk from more than 550 village co-operative societies locating in Kutch district which is supplying milk to dairy’s chilling centers and dairy is collecting milk from dairy’s own various chilling centers located in the Kutch district.
In the month of January 2013 Sarhad Dairy has started processing plant at- Lakhond, Taluka – Bhuj - Kutch processing milk and making milk pouch under the brand name of “AMUL” currently it has capacity of 60000 litters per day we are planning to increase 3, 50,000 litters per day by end of the year 2016.
OBJECTIVES OF SARHAD DAIRY
- Provide Balancing to the milk Demand and milk Supply by collecting milk from rural area and supply it to urban area.
- Pasteurize, Process, homogenize and sale the milk through GCMMF Ltd.
- Provide veterinary services to the members.
- Arrange and distribute cattle feeds at subsidized or reasonable rate.
- Provide Milk Procurement infrastructure to the VDCS – (Village Dairy Co-Operative Societies) to bring transparency.
- Provide and assist VDCS to avail the benefit of govt. schemes.
- Develop infrastructure for better quality milk production and supply management.
- Conduct training and awareness Programs for VDCS.
- Provide guidance and supervision to maintain hygiene milk procurement
- Women empowerment by giving subsidized milk rate
- Provide Protection against exploitation of milk producers by encouraging competitive milk market.
ACTIVITIES AND ACHIVEMENT
- Boost up Milk Market:-
Before establishment of Sarhad Dairy prevailing rate of milk was around Rs 15 per litter, in the year 2009-10 opening rate provided to Milk producers was Rs. 21 per litter. Whereas in the year 10/11, 11/12 and 12/13 it was Rs.23, 25 and 27 respectively. Even present Milk rate is Rs 33 per litter.
- Milk Procurement:-
Kutch has around 6 lacs Litters of milk daily producing potentiality. Before establishment of Sarhad Dairy in year 2009-10, the Unit of National Dairy Development Board was procuring Milk at the Rate of 15 Rs per litter about 1 Lacs litter per day. Whereas 50,000 litter was procured by private Dairy players like Umiya Dairy, Gayatri Dairy and Divya Dairy etc. other Milk sales in the local market by unorganized “Dudh valas”.
Sarhad Dairy has started journey by procuring 700 litters from 1st day, and subsequently in year 2009-10, 10-11, 11-12, 12-13 and 13-14 daily peak quantity of milk procurement in flush season was respectively 33390, 75690,157900,204664 and 254213 litters per day.
Sarhad dairy has having 17 various chilling centre located in the Kutch district where milk is collected from the 560 Various VDCS by small vehicle where milk reach in aluminium milk canes.
Sarhad Dairy has established 1 milk processing plant located at Lakhond- Bhuj Taluka in 20th January, 2013.
Photographs of Milk Processing Plant Capacity 50000LP
>Raw Chilled Milk:-
Earlier Sarhad Dairy was collecting raw milk from the VDCS, chilled it and supplies it to (inter dairy supply) other District co-operative union namely Sursagar located in Surendranagar district. From January 2010 whole raw milk was supply to Mother Dairy Gandhinagar which is a Unit of Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing federation.
>Production of Pasteurized Package Milk:-
Current Full Cream Milk Production is around 30000 liter per day
Standard milk Production i Around 17500 liter per day.
Homogenized milk produced around 2500 liter per day.
>Veterinary services : - Veterinary services provided by engaging 15 Livestock inspector and 1 veterinary doctor for the cattle’s of the milk producers.
>Awareness programs : - pashu shibir programs under the scheme of RKVY (Rashtriya Kishan Vikas yojana) and Awareness programs under scheme of Boarder area development Project conduct every year to increase the awareness among producers for producing good quality milk in economy way.
>Training Programs : - Provide the training to the Milk producers and employee of the union and VDCS at Vidya Dairy Education institute run by GCMMF ltd.
OVERVIEW OF FUTURE PLAN
1. Start camel milk Procurement system & arrange market to sales the milk market. Proposed product is Pasteurized flavoured Milk, ice creams etc. (Project has been sanctioned by SLCC under RKVY Scheme with 60:40 fund ratio.
2. To provide cattle feed to the producer by establishment of cattle plant of 200MTPD capacity which is also under process. On dated 05/10/13 our union has sent the project proposal to Animal Husbandry Department (Gujarat) for recommendation.
3. By affiliation with Kamdhenu University Diploma in Dairy technology and veterinary education will to be starts.
4. To generate the electricity wind mill project is also in future plan.